Why study in the UK?
The British land is engrossed with prestigious Universities that provide a plethora of bright opportunities for the seekers. Apart from being a highlighting factor on your CV, having a degree in one of the top universities of the UK will mold your personality to effectively deal with a diverse range of problems. The creativity and multicultural exposure the UK provides to its students is beyond comparison. Here are some of the key factors that will dictate why you should choose to study in the UK:
Renowned universities: The UK is popular for the prestigious universities scattered over its land. Almost 10 of the world’s most renowned universities are in the UK itself, starting from the University of Oxford, King’s College London, University of Bristol, to name a few.
Multicultural exposure: Students from all over the world attempt to get into one of the renowned universities of the UK. And the greatest mind from deep crevices of the globe gets to study in these prestigious institutions. The aggregate of the students coming from diverse backgrounds makes a multicultural system on the campus which is a whole different platform of learning for the students.
Work opportunities: Studying in the universities of the UK creates numerous working opportunities for the students. An international student can work up to 20 hours per week, in or off-campus, during their term in the university. Such working opportunities allows students to pursue a part-time job while being full-time student and carry on their side hustle.
Financial stability: In many cases, the international step back by assuming that a gigantic amount needs to be arranged to afford a life in the UK. International students may avail themselves of a bunch of scholarships, grants, and bursaries while pursuing their degree in one of the universities in the UK.
Duration of the course: The courses in the universities of the UK require less time to complete as compared to the other countries. For instance, the undergraduate degree lasts for 3 years followed by a 2 years postgraduation, unless you are a medical student or a research scholar.
The next big question after WHY the UK is- How to get admission in the top universities of the UK? We are listing 10 easy steps that will guide you in your grand journey to the UK:
- Be thorough in your research: The sooner you start researching the courses and subjects you want to pursue, the more time you will get for the preparation. Being aware of the course, the fee structure, the pros and cons of the degree you are going to choose are vital points of research. Apart from the academic details, do not forget to talk about the living conditions and expenses in the UK.
- Narrow down your choices: After you decide about the course and degree you are going to pursue, narrow down your search by choosing the relevant universities that offer the best program. The UK universities ranking of 2021-2022 will assist you in choosing the most prominent one for your degree.
- Be aware of UCAS: Research and familiarize with the Universities and Colleges Admissions Services (UCAS)- the official body operating the application and admission process for British universities. The UCAS platform helps you learn the most significant characteristics of different courses. You can apply for a maximum of 5 universities through the portal of UCAS.
- Get ready for your university: Applicants are called for the interview for choosing degrees in medicine, dentistry, as well as veterinary sciences. Be prepared to face one of the most challenging interview panels. Reading university journals and different books on your subject of interest will take you a long way in this preparation. This will boost your confidence level and get you going for the tricky questions.
- Start brushing up your English: English is the primary language of communication in the British land (and undoubtedly you know that). Start working on your vocabulary. If you are not coming from an English-speaking country, you might have to show a certificate for your proficiency. And here you must start investigating IELTS and TOEFL.
- Develop your work experience: Relevant practical experience and exposure to working environments will escalate your chances of getting called by the universities. So, don’t step back from trying your hands on new internships, taking a summer course, or volunteering in any program. These experiences will brighten up your CV and make your application stand apart.
- Pay a visit to the universities: If possible, pack your bags and get to know your university outside the small screen of your laptop and mobile. Visiting the researched universities will help you shape your opinion. This also acts as a motivator in your preparation.
- Design your statement: This will be a representation of your passion and dedication to the administration of your chosen university. Make a stellar statement highlighting your details along with the aims and values of your life.
- Secure good reference: The applicants are required to submit a letter of recommendation which is generally prepared by your teacher, guidance counselor, or your advisor. The one writing the letter must know you through and through and present a detailed, accurate recommendation.
- Submit your application: You did your best! Be careful about the various deadlines and do not be late in submitting your application. Proofread your application or ask a professional proofreader to check for errors and inconsistencies in the application.
Benefits of studying in the UK
It is difficult to name all the benefits that studying in the UK will present. The following are the major advantages, to begin with:
a) The ranking of the UK Universities is consistent and among the best in the world. The top 10 universities of the UK in 2021-2022 are-
- University of Oxford
- University of Cambridge
- Imperial College London
- University College London
- University of Edinburgh
- The University of Manchester
- King’s College London
- London School of Economics and Political Science
- University of Bristol
- University of Warwick
b) If you dream to pursue your research in one of the universities of the UK, you are going to contribute to the World’s top 5% of research taking place every year and 14% of the world’s most frequently cited works.
c) The international students get the opportunity to blend their academics and social skills with multicultural environment playing its part.
Planning to pursue your higher studies from one of the top universities of the UK is not herculean. One needs to go through proper research. The application process of the universities of the UK doesn’t only focus on your academic excellence; it assesses your social and practical skills in the areas of your interest. To elevate your chances of getting selected in your dream university in the UK, start preparing today!